Social Security Disability Lawyer in Marietta
Applying is a nightmare and most people get denied right immediately. We make it so you are accepted.
Why You Need A Social Security Disability Lawyer
YSince, Applying for social security disability is a pain. Plain and simple. It can be discouraging, complex and hard to understand why some people are accepted into the program and so many others are denied benefits.
Don’t give up if you think you deserve social security disability benefits! Allen Turner Law has attorneys that can get you through the process and obtain these benefits; even if you’ve been turned down several times before. However, you must contact us quickly.
You only have 60 days from the date you receive a denial notice to appeal or request a disability hearing. We appear with you at a court hearing in front of a judge who listens to the facts and circumstances of your case.
Qualifying For Social Security Disability in Georgia
To qualify for Social Security Disability, you must show that you are disabled according to the Social Security Administration’s definition of disability. This definition is different than what you may think and is different than the standard of worker’s compensation disability or employer disability.
You must prove all of the following
- You are age 18 or older
- You paid into Social Security through your previous jobs long enough to qualify – your annual Social Security statement usually indicates whether you are eligible
- You cannot do any work in your usual profession because of your medical condition
- You cannot adjust to any other type of work considering your medical condition, age, education, past work experience and transferable skills.
- The disability is neither a partial disability nor a short-term disability
We will help you with all the paperwork, the appearance before the judge and any other thing that comes up that you will need legal help with. In short, we make your application and appeal a breeze.
Applying For Social Security Disability Benefits
Allen Turner Law in Marietta has attorneys that are ready to help you with your application wherever you are in Georgia so that it is fully and properly completed. A complete application can prevent a delayed decision due to incomplete documentation.
Here is a list of information and documents that you should have ready:
- Social Security number
- Proof of age
- Contact information, medical records, and a list of treatment dates for every physician, hospital, clinic, caseworker or other medical professional who treated you
- List of current medications and dosages
- Copies of lab tests and results
- A written summary or resume of employers and the type of work you performed while employed
- Proof of earnings—copies of W-2 forms, pay stubs or federal tax returns