Marietta Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
We can’t make the injury go away, but we can make the insurance companies pay for it.
Why You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer After A Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents are on the rise in Georgia. A lot of the time you might walk away, but often, you will be injured severely or your loved one will have suffered death.
Insurance companies, trucking companies and others involved will often say the biker was at fault when that is rarely the case. We fight for you or your loved one to get compensation to pay for the medical bills or get some justice for what was done.
Your Health is Our Priority
The main priority of our attorneys is to help accident victims become calm and healthy. Our firm is instrumental in helping you achieve maximum medical improvement.
We help get you healthy through:
- Recommending experienced, top doctors in the field of your injury;
- Accompanying you to doctor visits, when needed;
- Scheduling and following up with medical appointments;
- Hiring nurses to manage your healthcare, if appropriate;
- Arranging for liens of medical expenses so that medical bills can be paid later.
Don’t worry if you can’t afford medical insurance or the money to pay the doctors’ bills. Most of the medical professionals that we work with treat our clients without an upfront charge. Instead, they accept a lien against the legal file. When you receive money from a settlement or verdict at trial, the doctors are paid directly out of the proceeds.
Common Causes of a Motorcycle Accident in Georgia
Some of the most common causes of car accidents are:
- Distracted driving (text messages, calls, etc)
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Automotive defects
- Bad weather
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless Driving
- Drowsy Driving
In any situation in which another driver breaks the law or is unreasonably careless and so causes an injury they will be classified as negligent and will be held responsible for any damages to you.
Wrongful Death of Motorcyclists
If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, please call Allen Turner Law. First of all, we offer our condolences, but we will also take the case to fight for compensation for your loss. It won’t bring them back, of course, but we can get some justice in their behalf and help you with the financial burden you will now face.
We make sure you are properly treated by a good doctor.
We discuss your claims and prepare to seek compensation.
We take the insurance company or other party to court. We go to trial if we must.
Our fees and the doctors' fees are paid out of the settlement or suit winnings.
A Note About Insurance
Georgia uses a fault system for liability and insurance coverage. This means that an at-fault driver is liable for damages after an accident, and his or her insurance policy will looked to to satisfy the liability.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you can find compensation for it in three ways:
- The injured person (you) files a claim with his or her own insurance company. That company then seeks compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurer.
- You can pursue a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer directly. (Known as a third party claim.)
- Finally, a personal injury lawsuit can be filed in civil court. This is very common if settlement negotiations did not work, or get you enough to compensate properly.